History of the Silver U.S. Half-Dollar Collection
In stock. Hurry! Less than 10 left
Only 4 left
Although rarer to see in circulation, the half-dollar coin has played a key role our monetary system for many generations. Since 1839, there have only been five circulating half-dollar coins design types issued by the U.S. Mint. Each half-dollar coin in this collection contains 90% pure silver, and is sealed in a crystal-clear acrylic capsule and has been hand-selected to assure your satisfaction. Due to rarity and age of each of these half-dollar coins; detail may varying .
Arrives with a Certificate of Authenticity and handsome display case.
This U.S Half Dollar collection includes:
- Liberty Seated Half-dollar 1839-1981 - features Liberty seated while holding the Union shield.
- Barber Half-dollar 1892-1915 — a portrait of Liberty created by one of America's most noted coin designer's, Charles E. Barber.
- Walking Liberty Half-dollar 1916-1947 — created by Adolph A. Weinman and was the inspiration behind the modern Silver Eagle bullion design.
- Ben Franklin Half-dollar 1948-1963 - the shortest-lived half-dollar design depicting the only real person (other than a President) on a coin.
- Kennedy Silver Half-dollar 1964 - issued within months of the tragic loss of President Kennedy. 1964 was the first and only year the coin was minted in 90% silver.
United States of America