1:72nd Corgi Scale reproduction of a Hawker Hunter T.Mk 7 trainer flying out of Chivenor England as it looked in the early 60’s. The RAF ordered 55 Hunter Trainer Mark 7 (T.7) aircraft, with the first flying on 11th October 1957, and the first deliveries following shortly after.
Only 45 of the 55 ordered were delivered to the RAF, with the other ten diverted to the Royal Navy FAA. The RAF also received six additional T.7s as conversions from ex-RAF F.4s. No.234 Sqn, RAF had flown Spitfires in the Battle of Britain and went on to fly Vampires, Sabres and Hunters until it was disbanded on 15th July 1957.
The Squadron number was then allocated to one of the squadrons of No.229 OCU on 22nd October 1958, operating Hunter F.6 and FGA.9 aircraft to give Hunter pilots their operational training. The Unit was also allocated a few two-seat Hunter T.7s including XL579. On 2nd September 1974, No.229 OCU was re-designated as the Tactical Weapons Unit (TWU) and No.234 (Reserve) Sqn remained one of its components.