Copper Penny Bracelet
SKU ID #430888
Availability: In Stock
Ready to ship in 3 - 5 Business Days
Good luck times nine comes your way when wearing the Copper Penny Bracelet. This beautiful copper bracelet features 9 Lincoln Memorial Cents layered in an antiqued copper. The bracelet stays secure with a safety latch. A Certificate of Authenticity is included.
Coin is a Lincoln Penny
Coin is a Lincoln Penny
- Victor D. Brenner designed the Lincoln Cent which was issued in 1909 to commemorate the hundredth anniversary of Lincoln’s birth.
- Victor D. Brenner’s initials V.D.B. appear on the reverse of a limited quantity of cents of 1909
- Diameter: 19mm
- The Lincoln penny was the first cent to have the motto “IN GOD WE TRUST”.
- Because the Lincoln Penny has been in circulation for so many years and because so many cents are minted each year, the obverse image on this coin now has the distinction of having been reproduced on more coins than any design in history
- The composition of the coins from 1909-1942, 1944-1981 is 95% copper and 5% tin and zinc.
- The composition changed in 1982 to 99.2% zinc, .8% copper, with a plating of pure copper.
- Owing to a shortage of copper during the critical war year 1943, the Treasury Department resorted to the use of zinc-coated steel for the pennies issued in this year.
- The Lincoln Pennies dated 1944 and 1945 were minted from salvaged cartridge cases. The composition of these pennies is 95% copper and 5% zinc
- In 1959 Frank Gasparro designed a new reverse featuring the Lincoln Memorial to commemorate 150th anniversary of Lincoln’s birth and is still being minted today.
- In 2009, the United States Mint will mint and issue four different one-cent coins in recognition of the bicentennial of President Abraham Lincoln's birth and the 100th anniversary of the first issuance of the Lincoln cent. The reverse (tails) designs were unveiled September 22 at a ceremony held at the Lincoln Memorial on the National Mall in Washington, D.C. While the obverse (heads) will continue to bear the familiar likeness of President Lincoln currently on the one-cent coin, the reverse will reflect four different designs, each one representing a different aspect, or theme, of the life of President Lincoln.
a. Birth and early childhood in Kentucky (1809-1816)
b. Formative years in Indiana (1816-1830)
c. Professional Life in Illinois (1830-1861)
d. Presidency in Washington, DC (1861-1865)
- In 2010 – present the Lincoln Penny features the Union Shield on the reverse design of the coin.
- Dimensions: 7 1/2" Length x 1" Width x 1/8" Height
- Made Of: Copper, US coins
- Weight: 3 oz